When it comes to love women express their feelings with words much more easier than men, while men show their affections more through actions.
Saying “I love you” can be terrifying, so it’s entirely possible that he feels it, but is just afraid of saying it out loud. After all, few people willingly put themselves in such a vulnerable position.
Dr. Brenda Shoshanna, a psychologist, PhD, says:
“Why don’t most men just come out and tell us the way they feel? In my years spent as a therapist, I’ve learned that love can make men feel vulnerable, childlike and unable to do what’s expected of them, especially those who believe they’re functioning in a dog-eat-dog world. Still, men do love, and different types of men express their love differently. In fact, love means different things to a man, at different times in his life. This means that a woman needs to be alert to who her man is and what love means to him. “
But you can’t live with this uncertainty – you need to find out, once and for all, if he loves you or not.
Here are the signs that indicate that he loves you:
- He is proud of you accomplishment- if your partner brags about you and is proud of the way you look, behave, and achieve your goals in life, it is another way to say that he loves you.
- He sticks up for you- men do not like controversy, but if your significant other defends you, he simply says: “I love you.”
- He is not afraid to make sacrifices for you- relationships often require mutual sacrifice and compromises, so if your man is not afraid to go above and beyond his comfort zone just to make you happier, he cares about you.
- Showing his vulnerability- if your loved one is madly in love, he will become comfortable to show his feelings and thoughts after some time, and will eventually let his guard down.
- He loves how you look even on your “worst days”- When a man loves a woman, he finds her beautiful even when she spends the day in her pajamas, with zero makeup, and a bad hair.
- He has great respect to your family and friends- when a man is head over heels in love with a woman, he treats her loved ones with respect. He simply cares about you and everything and everyone that makes you happy.
- If he is a great listener – if a man pays attention to what you’re speaking there’s no doubt he cares about you.
In conclusion, the most important thing is to remember to appreciate all of the little things that he does and realize that they are acts of love. Like the saying goes “Actions speak louder than words”, right?
Dr. Shoshanna recommends:
“It is helpful to keep a little journal of your relationship. So many acts and expressions of love go unnoticed and unfelt because we simply get used to them or become too busy to stop and take note—or to stop and say thank-you.
Take a few minutes each evening to note what you received that day, and also what you gave. Write it down. Be specific. List everything, like phone calls, kind words, a surprise visit, etc. You’ll be amazed when you look back and realize all the ways your partner is giving to you. Plus, it’ll help you find new ways to give back to him.”